Contact without consent results in a bad customer experience. We believe strongly in protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us and how we will store and handle that data and keep it safe.
We hope this notice answers your queries on how we are handling your data, but if not, please do get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
Imago @ Loughborough Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Loughborough University, we trade as Imago Venues.
Our portfolio consists of the following venues:
- Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel (including Burleigh Springs Leisure and Therapy Centre)
- Holywell Park Conference Centre
- The Link Hotel
- Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel
- Loughborough University Campus
Our lawful basis for processing your data
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
We can collect and process your data with your consent. We will ensure you have given consent for us to process this for a specific purpose.
In certain circumstances we will need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations or your requests for a proposal.
If the law requires us to, we may collect and process your data. For example, under the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972 we are obliged to collect your full name, nationality and for none British Nationals, your passport and next destination details, (not including contractual obligations).
We will ask for contact and medical information where it is necessary to safeguard your well-being, such as, special dietary/health requirements, or certain medical conditions when using our Leisure Club or altitude bedrooms.
We may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and does not materially impact your rights freedom or interests. For example, we may use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers. We may also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our websites, make an online purchase or request for information,
subscribe to email communications, newsletters or to download e-books.
- When you contact us via email or phone to enquire about our facilities and services, as listed above, or make a booking
- When you visit our facilities, as listed above, and provide us with information for a potential or current purchase
- When you book any kind of appointment with us
- When you contact us with a query or complaint
- When you join one of our loyalty schemes, e.g., Burleigh Springs
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you visit us at trade shows and exhibitions
- When you ask for information or book via relevant third party booking agents and online websites
- When you engage with us via the event management service or Loughborough University
- When you enter a prize draw or competition
- When complete any survey, for example Venue Verdict, Guest Questionnaires, or 3rd Party Feedback
- When you access the University Campus, use one of our car parks, or enter one of our buildings which have CCTV systems in operations for the security of our customers and staff. These systems may record your image during your visit
What personal data do we collect?
- We may ask for: first name, last name, company name, email address, postal address, phone number, social media handles, nationality, passport and details of next destinations (for international guests only)
- We collect notes relating to your event, stay or use of our facilities, including any feedback, complaints or comments and reviews, and any personal preferences
- We may ask for dietary/health, medical information and where appropriate next of kin when visiting or staying in one of our venues or visiting our leisure club
- We will take financial information as part of your contractual obligations
- We also collect IP addresses which may be associated with previous actions you have taken on the site or forms you have submitted
- We collect details of your visit to our websites or third-party sites/aps and which sites you came from to ours
How do we use the information collected?
To maximise your experience with Imago Venues and give you the best possible customer service we need to understand who and what your requirements are through collecting rich data.
- Information collected on our websites is used for a variety of purposes including the marketing, development and tailoring our services to meet your needs. We may also use this information to monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities to provide you with the best possible information and experience.
- We collect customer feedback from various online platforms which we use to measure and improve our service to you and all our customers
- Information collected from our customers is used for providing our services, promoting awareness of new products and services and other account management purposes pertaining to enquiries submitted via the website, face to face, phone or email
How do we automate and process data?
- We automatically collect certain information to track visitor activity on our websites. We use this information to improve the content of our sites as well as to provide visitors with a more relevant overall experience with our organisation and our site. This information may include information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including: name, title, company name, job function, expertise, postal address, telephone number, or email address. We may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual such as browser and device information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies, and demographic information.
- If you fill out a web form on our site, your information will be stored in our CRM system and some amount of your past browsing on our site may be available to us to determine your interests. We may use this information to more effectively engage with you and improve our site. However, if you use private browsing as described below, you may provide us your information without making your past browsing activity available to us. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not fill out any of the web forms on this site.
- If you provide your email address and consent for email marketing, some information is collected about when/if the email was opened and what links were clicked. This information is used to assess the engagement and success of an email campaign.
- Clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site and may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our personnel so we may more effectively engage with you and improve our site. If you do not wish for this tracking to occur, you can unsubscribe from our mailings or use private browsing mode to avoid tracking.
- We never use visitor identification techniques that involve sharing information you provide us with other sites, or vice versa. We never store any information in your computer’s Flash local shared objects area (i.e., we never use what is known as ‘flash cookies’).
If you do not want our websites to place a cookie on your browser and track your activity, you may leave the site or you may browse the site using privacy mode in your web browser. To learn how to use privacy mode, refer to the links below depending on the browser you use.
- InPrivate mode in Microsoft Edge
- Incognito mode in Google Chrome
- Private browsing mode in Mozilla FireFox
- Private browsing mode in Apple Safari
How do we share your information?
- Never with other websites (e.g. for the purpose of identifying you across unaffiliated websites)
- Never with anyone outside our parent organisation, Loughborough University for their own purpose, unless required to by law.
- IT systems, websites, financial and personnel systems are managed securely on the Loughborough University IT network. Legitimate business needs require us to use trusted third-party IT providers and support services. In these instances, we have in place strict non-disclosure / contractual agreements to protect your data.
- We share essential data with University colleagues to deliver events hosted on campus e.g. contact information held on rooming lists and event information sheets. We will also share dietary/health and medical information to our onsite catering department and other relevant providers related to your event.
- As part of Loughborough University will may share your contact data with other departments where there is a mutual and legitimate requirement to promote our combined facilities and services.
You may sometimes have the option to connect to various third-party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. We cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of any third-party platforms. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any of these platforms you access via our site or services.
What are your rights over your personal data?
- Customers and prospects have the option to view, correct, delete, and receive a copy of the personal data that we gather and retain
How do you access and update personal information?
- Customers and website visitors can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any requests to update and/or delete personal data
- You can also write to The Data Protection Officer, Imago Venues, c/o Burleigh Court, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK LE11 3TU
How long do we retain your personal information?
- You can exercise your right to be forgotten. In this instance, your name and email address will be stored and encrypted in our CRM system. This is so the system knows not to send you any further materials or correspondence and will flag that you have requested to be forgotten if staff attempt to create a new profile using that email address. Contact email@example.com if you wish to be forgotten.
How do we handle children’s personal information?
- Our website is not intended for minors under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly or specifically collect information about minors under the age of 13. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete the information from our servers.
- Please note all services and self-catering accommodation premises must keep a record of all guests over the age of 16. We will only take the minimum amount of data necessary to comply with current hotel legislation.
- We will only take first and last name details of children under the age of 16 who are using our campus accommodation. We always ensure that the event organisers have strict safeguarding rules in place for the event to take place.
How do we protect your personal data?
- We know how much data security matters to all our customers. We treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology
- All our IT systems are securely managed. Our IT services are provided from two on-site LPS 1175 compliant data centres; and several ISO 27001 accredited cloud suppliers with specific data sharing agreements, and model clause contracts. The infrastructure is protected by an appropriate number of security controls, is subject to regular penetration testing, and has achieved the UK government Cyber Essentials Plus certification.
- Access to all our IT systems is password protected and we do not retain sensitive data such as payment information in digital form. Payment data taken via third-party websites is managed in accordance with our PCI compliance policy.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
- You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that the company holds at any time and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information please email email@example.com
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal, for example, where there are other legislative obligations.
Changes to This Policy
How to Contact Us
Or by mail:
Data Protection Officer, Imago Venues, c/o Burleigh Court, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK LE11 3TU.