Access Statement for Burleigh Court
Car Parking and Approach
- We have 9 designated accessible parking spaces. 5 at the main front entrance and 4 at the side entrance.
- All the parking at Burleigh Court is free of charge.
- We have a covered drop off point at the main entrance/reception area.
- The exterior approach to Burleigh Springs Leisure Club is via a ramp with level landings and is accompanied by a set of steps designed to 'ambulant disabled' standards. However Burleigh Springs can be accessed through the main entrance where there are no steps.
- The main and leisure club entrances have powered automatic doors.
- There is a lowered section at the reception desk.
- There is a seating area in the main reception area.
- We have an Induction loop for use at the front desk.
- The lobby and main corridor has a hard, slip-resistant floor.
- Fridges available for medicine on request.
- We have 11 accessible bedrooms out of a total of 185.
- 7 of which have level entry showers, 4 with baths.( Left and right hand versions)
- 4 of our accessible rooms have adjoining doors to another bedroom for the use of our guests who need to have their carer nearby.
- All 11 rooms have alarms/pull cords for use in case of emergency. These alarms are linked to our 24 hour manned reception.
- All 11 rooms have 'big button' hands free phones. These phones have speech amplification and are hearing aid compatible.
- On request we can provide a list of hire services for hoists/bed blocks.
- 7 of the accessible rooms have power assisted door operators.
- We have under pillow vibrating pads and talking alarm clocks available from reception.
- All 185 bedrooms have TV's with subtitles/teletext.
Also, all of the items below are available by contacting the receptionist:
- Invacare Birdie Hoist (guests are encouraged to bring their own sling due to hygiene reasons)
- Shower Stool
- Shower Stool with removal back and arms
- Set of bed raisers
Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- The 3 accessible bedrooms on the first floor are located close to escape stairs, each with a Refuge point.
- All exits on ground floor have level thresholds.
- We have 3 accessible toilets throughout the public areas of the building.
- There is a talking lift with full length mirrors giving access to our 3 accessible bedrooms on the first floor.
- All signage meets the appropriate requirements with regard to visibility and legibility.
Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
- The restaurant, bar and coffee lounges are all located on the ground floor.
- Our chefs are able to meet any dietary requirement.
- We have a vast choice of seating areas away from noise or congestion.
- There is a lowered area at the coffee machines for wheelchair users.
- We offer 24 hour room service.
- Assistance dogs are very welcome.
- Our website is W3C/WAI compatible.
- The majority of our staff have attended 'Welcome All' training and have a good understanding of the Disability Discrimination Act and the National Accessible Scheme.
|Room||Bed Size||Bath||Shower (Left transfer)||Shower (Right transfer)||Toilet (Left transfer)|
|10||King Size (150cm X 200cm)||YES|
|11||King Size (150cm X 200cm)||YES||YES|
|12||King Size (150cm X 200cm)||YES||YES|
|13||King Size (150cm X 200cm)||YES|
|119||King Size (150cm X 200cm)||YES||YES|
|120||King Size (150cm X 200cm)||YES||YES|
|121||King Size (150cm X 200cm)||YES|
|42||3/4 (120cm X 200cm)||YES||YES|
|43||3/4 (120cm X 200cm)||YES|
|44||3/4 (120cm X 200cm)||YES|
|45||3/4 (120cm X 200cm)||YES|
|718||Single (90cm X 190cm)||YES||YES|
|738||Single (90cm X 190cm)||YES||YES|
A copy of this statement is on display in the reception area. Should you wish, a copy can be forwarded by post, fax, electronically or alternatively we can talk you through it. It is also available in large print format (16pt).
Every effort has been made to provide a detailed and accurate statement.
imago is committed to working with its clients to address specific needs. Further information on venues can be provided, should this statement not address your particular query.